Created in 2015 by Patricia Brinkman, the Patricia K. and Franklyn D. Brinkman, Sr. Nursing Scholarship Fund provides financial support to a student who is accepted into and currently attends the nursing program at Ball State University.
Patricia Brinkman earned her nursing degree from Milwaukee Lutheran School of Nursing and upon graduation entered the Army Air Force where she served during World War II. She spent the remainder of her professional career as a registered nurse at Ball Memorial Hospital. As a life-long learner and a nursing advocate, she created the Patricia K. and Franklyn D. Brinkman, Sr. Nursing Scholarship as a way to help others reach their career goal of becoming a nurse.
- Graduated from an Indiana state accredited high school in Delaware County, Indiana.
- Applicants must have been accepted into the Nursing Program at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana and currently attending on a full-time basis.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing.
- In selecting a recipient, consideration will be given to the applicant’s academic record, achievements, and ability to overcome a hardship.
- This scholarship is designed for the student who has not received other major scholarship awards and is not limited to tuition. Financial need is not a major consideration.
- Recipients may reapply in subsequent years.
Applications for this scholarship will be open on January 1, 2021.