The Land Conservation Fund was created to preserve and protect important conservation and recreation areas throughout Delaware County or those owned by Delaware County organizations by matching donations of land or dollars. Property acquired with this fund will become part of the public trust to ensure that the land is protected for future generations of Hoosiers to use and enjoy. Acquisition of property for conservation is the only project type eligible for funding through the grant program. All projects will be scored and ranked according to specific criteria outlined in the application materials.
- The Land Conservation Fund Advisory Committee and Board of Directors reviews applications quarterly or as needed.
- All applicants must contact The Community Foundation staff to discuss their project proposal and the application process.
- Applicants must explain how their proposal fulfills the purposes of the Fund, provide supporting documentation required by the application, and complete the self-evaluation ranking sheet.
- Application review will only proceed if the landowner has provided a written commitment to sell.
- If applicable, applicants must document financial match by a “pledge” or letter of intent from the matching entity. The documentation must be submitted with the original application.
Applications will require a preliminary review to ensure projects meet minimum requirements. Applicants may be requested to be physically present for the preliminary review so that merits and concerns can be discussed. Projects that do not meet minimum criteria will not be considered. If necessary, the Advisory Committee may ask applicants to submit an application addendum containing additional information that will assist in making recommendations.
Each grant awarded will be evaluated and a post-grant report is required for each grant received. A post-grant report, including financial/expenditure information, is required for the organization to remain in good standing and be eligible for future grant awards. All overdue post-grant reports must be received before the due date of any current grant applications for the Grants Committee to review the current application.
To discuss a proposal or learn more about the Land Conservation Fund Grants, contact Kelly Shrock, Community Foundation President at 765-747-7181 or firstname.lastname@example.org
March 1 at 4:30pm
June 1 at 4:30pm
September 1 at 4:30pm
December 1 at 4:30pm
The Foundation operates without discrimination as to age, race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or that perceived as a disability in the consideration of grant requests. Likewise, the Foundation does not knowingly support programs that negatively discriminate based on the aforementioned factors.
We're all about serving the community, so we welcome input from the community. Tell us about a need, ask how to get involved, or just let us know what you think of our website. We look forward to hearing from you.