Jenny Haskell was an honor roll student, a member of the National Honor Society, as well as a standout basketball and softball player at Monroe Central Junior Senior High School. Jenny was studying exercise science at Ball State University and was looking forward to becoming an athletic trainer. In August of 2011, a tragic stage collapse at the Indiana State Fair prematurely ended her life. Jenny was a loving daughter, sister, and loyal friend. The Jenny Haskell Memorial Scholarship was created to reward high school seniors who excel in academics and athletics.
- Graduating senior from Monroe Central High School in Parker City, Indiana
- Grade point average of 3.5 (or the equivalent) or higher
- Recipient must have received or be on track to receive a varsity letter during his or her senior year of high school
- Planning to attend a four-year college
- In determining a recipient, consideration will be given to the applicant’s academic ability, athletic participation and responses to essay and other questions on the application form. The committee shall give extra consideration to those applicants who have participated in basketball or softball.
Applications for this scholarship will be open on January 1, 2021.