Teachers often have instructional ideas they would like to implement in their classrooms. Unfortunately, a lack of funds can prevent them from moving forward. The Robert P. Bell Education Grants are awarded to teachers with innovative ideas, programs, or projects that are designed to stimulate learning in their students. Grants range in size from $50 - $450.
- The Robert P. Bell Education Grants Committee and the Board of Directors review applications four times during the academic year.
- Grants are awarded from $50-$450. Recommendations for partial funding may be made.
- Grants are available to K-12 teachers, counselors, special needs teachers and itinerant teachers working in schools in Delaware County.
The Foundation does not make grants to individuals. Awards will be distributed to school districts and distributed to recipients based on the individual district’s policies for reimbursement. Items such as bus transportation, field trip admissions, speaker fees, etc. are not generally funded. Funding for items such as book sets, e-books, videos, kits, cameras, electronics, computer equipment, or supplies will not be considered unless they are an integral part of a creative project.
Each grant awarded will be evaluated and a post-grant report is required for each grant received. A post-grant report, including financial/expenditure information, is required for the applicant to remain in good standing and be eligible for future grant awards. All overdue post-grant reports must be received before the due date of any current grant applications for the committee to review the current application.
A committee composed of one teacher from each of the following school corporations has been formed to establish the guidelines for applications, review proposals, and make Bell Grant Awards.
The following teachers were appointed by their superintendents to serve on the Robert P. Bell Education Committee.
- Renee Huffman, Burris Laboratory School
- Candace Smithson, Cowan Community Schools
- Jeri Owens, Daleville Community Schools
- Christy Bilby, Delaware Community Schools
- Jennifer Robinson, Indiana Academy
- Jennifer Walton, Liberty-Perry Community Schools
- Lisa Eckerty, Muncie Community Schools
- Jennifer Jessie, St. Mary & Pope John Paul II Schools
- Joan McKinley, St. Lawrence School
- Pamela Meier-Fisher, Wes-Del Community Schools
- Kiki Pavlechko, Yorktown Community Schools
Deadline: Quarterly during the Academic Year –
Contact: Program Officer
Download: Post Grant Report Form
The Foundation operates without discrimination as to age, race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or that perceived as a disability in the consideration of grant requests. Likewise, the Foundation does not knowingly support programs that negatively discriminate based on the aforementioned factors.
We're all about serving the community, so we welcome input from the community. Tell us about a need, ask how to get involved, or just let us know what you think of our website. We look forward to hearing from you.